1 1/2 Cups Fresh grapefruit juice (divided use)
1 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Grapefruit zest
1/4 Cup White wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Shallots, minced
1/4 Cup Heavy cream
2 Sticks Butter, cut into pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine 1 Cup grapefruit juice, sugar and zest in a 2-quart saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a thick syrup. Set aside.
3. In another saucepan, combine the remaining grapefruit juice, vinegar and shallots. Simmer until reduced by half.
4. Add the heavy cream and cook for 1 minute. Lower heat and gradually whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
5. Remove from heat. Add the thick grapefruit syrup, salt and pepper; stir gently to combine.
Notes: Yield: About 2 cups
This versatile and easy-to-make grapefruit butter sauce is a nice accompaniment to seafood and poultry.
Recipe from FAMOUS Florida! Delicious Grapefruit Recipes by Patricia Mack