Store, Deli & Office Hours: Tue-Sat, 10am-3pm
Tram Tours: Normally Tue-Sat, 11am & 1pm (subject to Cancellation) - Please Call or Book Online
Playground hours: Saturday 10am-3pm
Mixon will be closed from August 28-September 19 for Maintenance
Shipping Fresh Fruit Weekly on Tuesday & Thursday through March
18 1/2 oz yellow cake mix
3 1/2 oz instant lemon pudding mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 cups confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 lemon, zest
3 tbsps. vegetable oil
3 tbsps. water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray miniature muffin tins with vegetable oil cooking spray. Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil and blend well with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.(batter will be thick). Pour a small amount of batter, filling each muffin tin halfway.
3. Bake for 12 minutes. They come out of the tin better if they are cooked a little past the golden brown stage so the cake is more firm. Turn out onto a tea towel.
4. Make the glaze while the cakes are baking. Sift the sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, zest, oil and 3 tbsps. of water. Mix with a spoon until smooth.
5. With fingers, dip the cupcakes into the glaze while they're still warm, covering as much of the cake as possible, or spoon the glaze over the warm cupcakes, turning them to completely coat. Place on wire racks with waxed paper underneath to catch any drips.
6. Let the glaze set thoroughly, about 1 hour, before storing in containers with tight-fitting lids.