Kumquat Chicken Kabobs
1 pound chicken tenders
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Wash kumquats. Set aside.
2. Cut chicken tenders into 20 bite-size pieces and place in a heavy duty resealable plastic bag with soy, water, vinegar, honey, oil and garlic.
3. Reseal bag and shake to distribute ingredients evenly over chicken.
4. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to marinate.
5. Drain chicken. Discard marinade. Thread chicken pieces alternately with kumquats on 4 skewers, beginning and ending with kumquats. Grill over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes per side, turning skewers often so that the chicken cooks uniformly.
Notes: Servings: 4
Recipe from FAMOUS florida! Easy Breezy Florida Cooking by Joy and Jack Harris