Mixon will be closed from August 28-September 19 for Maintenance
Shipping Fresh Fruit Weekly on Tuesday & Thursday through March
Spicy Grapefruit Chicken Stir-fry
1 (8-ounce) box vermicelli or rice noodles
1/2 cup frozen grapefruit juice concentrate, thawed
2 tbsp grapefruit marmalade
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil (divided use)
1 large green bell pepper, cut in strips
1 large red bell pepper, cut in strips
2 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
1 (6-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Cook vermicelli or noodles according to package directions.
2. While pasta cooks, make sauce by mixing together juice concentrate, marmalade, water, pepper flakes, ginger, soy and garlic in a small bow. Combine cornstarch and salt; sprinkle over contents in the bowl. Stir well to incorporate. Set aside.
3. Drain pasta. Keep warm.
4. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Add pepper strips, carrots and water chestnuts; stir-fry until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside.
5. Add to pan the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sesame oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt; add to pan. Stir-fry about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Add reserved sauce to the pan along with vegetables. Cook, stirring until mixture begins to thicken, about 2 minutes.
7. Serve over pasta; garnish with sesame seeds and parsley.
Recipe from FAMOUS florida! Delicious Grapefruit Recipes by Patricia Mack