Store and Deli are now open 10-3 Monday - Saturday
Arts & Craft Fair - Saturday, June 6 !!
Weddings and events will resume in June. Grove tours and play area will be opening in June 6.
Citrus Shipping season is over.
We will resume shipping in mid-Nov when the new crop ripens.
We are STILL shipping Frozen Juice, Wine & Fudge, Jams & Jellies & more.
Now Available - fresh locally farmed Clams & Oysters from Two Docks Shellfish
Place order with Two Docks by Thursday 9AM - Available for local pickup only on Friday or Saturday
Salads & Sides
Strawberry Kumquat Salad
1 pint of strawberries
For the salad:
1 pint of kumquats (Oval shaped, found in most grocery stores)
1 kale bunch (fresh or cut in pieces in bags), or arugula
½ cup of raw, unsalted, sliced almonds
3 Tbsp. fresh mint (3-4 sprigs), diced (or sliced in strips)
For the Vinaigrette:
¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
½ cup of olive oil
2 Tablespoons minced shallots (one large shallot)
Making the salad:
1. Toast the almonds. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until toasted 5-10 minutes. (Tip: set a timer to keep watch). Let cool.
2. Meanwhile, rinse the kale, pat dry and remove the stem of the kale (if not already removed), take the leaves of the kale, roll like a cigar and cut thin strips. Place in a large bowl.
3. Rinse and cut up the fruit. Using 6-8 strawberries, remove the stems and thinly slice the strawberries. Then, rinse 8-10 kumquats and pat dry. Next, with a sharp knife, thinly slice off the ends. Carefully cut the kumquat in thirds. The middle slice will have the most seeds and you’ll want to take the point of the knife and remove the seeds. Place in bowl with kale.
4. Dice the mint in small pieces, sprinkle on the salad.
Making the Vinaigrette:
1. For the dressing, in a bowl, pour 2 tablespoons of minced shallots, add ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar, and whisk in ½ cup of olive oil. Pour over the salad (you may not need all of it), and toss the salad before serving.